Saturday, April 19, 2014

A Day in the Life: Amanda from The Envi Girls

I met Amanda from The Envi Girls through an online internship with Eco-Vegan Gal. Lately, she and I have been chatting a lot on Facebook and I've loved getting to know her. Definitely check out her blog, where she and her partner in crime, Ashley, share tips and thoughts on eco-vegan living.  Oh, and like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter!
On the day, I recorded my food diary; I was not at my primary job as a teacher, but working for the day with a family I formerly nannied. I start everyday oil pulling, an ancient ayurvedic practice that helps decrease bacteria in the mouth, pull out toxins, and other amazing health benefits. 

After my oil pull, I drink a glass of warm lemon water, it helps to jumpstart my day and detox. 
I was a little bit hungry this morning and wanted more than just a smoothie. I made a berry and banana smoothie with maca, cacao, and chia seeds. 
Along with the smoothie I made gluten-free toast with Earth Balance butter coated with coconut sugar and Ceylon cinnamon. After this breakfast I was full and ready to go to work. 
On my way to sitting, I stopped at Whole Foods and bought a quinoa and cranberry patty and a large salad. I was full after my lunch, but knew I was going to have to have a snack later on. 
My appetite increases in the afternoon; I either have a small second lunch and or a snack of nuts or fruit. This day since I was out of the house for most of the day I grabbed a Square Bar. A couple of hours after my lunch I ate the Square Bar. I was full and satisfied for the rest of the afternoon. 
I had a lighter dinner because I wanted to save room for dessert. I made a falafel patty with mashed avocado for dinner. Super easy to make and the recipe is found on the back of Bobs Red Mill mix chickpea flour bag. 
After dinner, I went out with my sister and we both ordered coconut based ice cream in the almond chocolate-laced flavor. 
I hope you enjoyed a peek into what I eat on a daily basis. While I change up what I eat for lunch and dinner every day, my breakfast stays the same five days a week; I always have a smoothie for breakfast. On weekends, I will go out for brunch or make a larger breakfast with pancakes and or hemp tofu scramble. 

2 comments: