Wednesday, April 2, 2014

DIY Vegan Margarita Face Scrub

I don’t use a ton of beauty products. Face wash, shampoo, conditioner, a bar of soap, deodorant…you know, the basics. 

One thing I never buy is a facial scrub (or a body scrub for that matter) because it’s just so easy to make. 

Lately, my go-to scrub has been lime juice, salt, lemon essential oil, and tea tree oil. Can you guess why I’m calling it a “margarita scrub?” If you want something a little gentler you could use an extra fine sugar and add a little coconut oil to soothe your skin. For me, though, these four ingredients work magic. 
With its brightening lime juice, sloughing salt, and bacteria-killing tea tree oil, this scrub is great on oily skin. 

The ratios aren’t set in stone, but my scrub usually looks something like this.

Juice of 1 lime
5+ tbsp. of salt
3-4 drops of lemon essential oil
3-4 drops of tea tree oil

Mix the ingredients together and massage into your skin. Don’t scrub excessively. I don’t scrub for more than a minute. 

Enjoy! And let me know what sort of DIY beauty potions you make. 


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lemme know how it turns out and if you do anything different.

      Delete
  2. Your post had me at "Margarita." Hahaha! I'm loving the ingredient mix. Some of those I've already used before, but over all that combo is new to me. I can't wait to try that one out later in the day, so I can finally pamper myself. Thank you so much for sharing! Stay beautiful, Rachel!

    Emily Ross @ Age Less Laser Centres

    ReplyDelete